How It Works
The mission of the mentorship program is to provide an opportunity for young leaders and seasoned professionals in the commercial real estate finance industry to connect, grow and create a lasting relationship by sharing their industry knowledge, experiences and professional guidance in a confidential and informal atmosphere.
Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet at least once a month, either in-person or on a video/phone call. The minimum requirement is to meet once a quarter. Mentorship pairs/groups will work together to create goals and define expectations for the relationship, including what will be accomplished throughout your time together and what you would like to learn from each other. While career advice will be shared, a mentor is not responsible for helping a mentee with his/her possible job search.
2022 Program Details
- The program will run on an annual basis. Participants will be matched to the best of our ability based on availability and responses to the online application. Matches may either be a one to one or group relationship.
- Program Duration: January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- You must be a CREFC member in order to participate in the Mentorship Program. Academic Members are also welcome.
- Mentees should have less than 10 years in the commercial real estate finance industry. Mentees may be accepted into the program for a maximum of two consecutive years at which point they will be ineligible to participate for two years before reapplying.
- Mentors should have 10 or more years in the commercial real estate finance industry.
- Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet at least once a month, either through video, phone call or in-person. The minimum
requirement is to meet once a quarter.
- Please note that applying does not guarantee placement in the program.
- Mentor Sign-Up: September 20, 2021 - November 30, 2021
- Mentee Sign-Up: November 1, 2021 - November 19, 2021
- View the 2022 CREFC Mentorship Program Guidelines.
Here are some ideas for your meetings:
- Coffee meeting to start your day
- Attend a CREFC program – learn more about a popular topic and have a discussion afterwards and/or network with others in the industry
- Join a CREFC Forum
- Pick a book (industry or professional/personal growth related) to read simultaneously and create a discussion around it
- Share and discuss timely articles
- Practice an elevator pitch or do a mock interview
- Volunteer together at a nonprofit/philanthropy event