How It Works
The mission of the mentorship program is to provide an opportunity for young leaders and seasoned professionals in the commercial real estate finance industry to connect, grow and create a lasting relationship by sharing their industry knowledge, experiences and professional guidance in a confidential and informal atmosphere.
Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet at least once a month, either in-person or on a video/phone call. The minimum requirement is to meet once a quarter. Mentorship pairs/groups will work together to create goals and define expectations for the relationship, including what will be accomplished throughout your time together and what you would like to learn from each other. While career advice will be shared, a mentor is not responsible for helping a mentee with his/her possible job search.
2020 Program Details
The program will run on an annual basis. The Mentorship Committee together with CREFC will match participants based on their online submissions (either a one to one or group relationship based on availability).
- Program Duration: January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020
- You must be a CREFC member in order to participate in the Mentorship Program.
- Mentees should have less than 10 years in the commercial real estate finance industry.
- Mentors should have 10 or more years in the commercial real estate finance industry.
- Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet at least once a month, either in person or on a telephone call. The minimum
requirement is to meet once a quarter.
- Please note that applying does not guarantee placement in the program.
- Mentor Sign-Up: October 1, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Mentee Sign-Up: November 1, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- View the 2020 CREFC Mentorship Program Guidelines.
Here are some ideas for your meetings:
- Meet for coffee to start your day
- Attend a CREFC program – learn more about a popular topic and have a discussion afterwards and/or network with others in the industry
- Join a CREFC Forum
- Pick a book (industry or professional/personal growth related) to read simultaneously and create a discussion around it
- Share and discuss timely articles
- Practice an elevator pitch or do a mock interview
- Volunteer together at a local philanthropy event