Issuer Forum Highlight
September 26, 2022
Together, David, Jane and Dan form the “Leadership Working Group” for the Issuers Forum set agendas and priorities for the forum, as well as represent the constituency on CREFC’s Policy Committee.
Key Issuers Focus Areas
- Improving competitive positioning of securitized lenders, especially in light of significant interest rate and credit spread volatility
- Enhancing transparency within the CMBS market both pre- and post-securitization with a current emphasis on standardizing disclosure and reporting across the CRE CLO sector
- Maintaining open dialogue with other market participants to help promote responsible lending, including incorporating feedback on structural and documentation enhancements necessary to improve both the borrower experience and loan performance
- Balancing conduit pools to account for evolving investor preferences across property types and other credit concerns
- Ensuring that we proactively manage regulatory changes such as LIBOR transition and also retrospectively evaluate previously implemented regulatory measures such as risk retention to determine if any modifications would be beneficial
Looking ahead, leaders are concerned that recent volatility in rates and deteriorating capital markets conditions may disproportionately impact CMBS issuance in the near term. That said, we remain focused on improving transparency, liquidity, and performance to best position the sector to capitalize on opportunities and grow market share as conditions stabilize.
What’s Next: Forum Leaders are planning a virtual forum wide legislative and regulatory policy update and will soon be formulating the agenda for CREFC’s January Conference.
To join the Issuers Forum, please register here. For any forum related questions, please contact Kathleen Olin (firstname.lastname@example.org).