CODE OF CONDUCT
We are committed to creating a safe environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants must abide by the following:
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
Unacceptable behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language related to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images or sexual language at the Event, including presentations, photos and slide decks.
- Intimidation or bullying, both online and/or in-person.
- Sharing your event registration or making event content available to anyone that did not attend
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Sharing your event registration with another person(s).
- Failure to follow any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff.
Terms & Conditions
Health and Safety
Event Liability Waiver, Release of Claims
All CRE Finance Council events will follow all applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations as it relates to COVID-19. CREFC encourages those attending its events to be fully vaccinated. CREFC cannot guarantee that its event participants, volunteers, partners, sponsors or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19 or another virus as a result of attending a CREFC event.
By registering for and attending any CREFC event, you agree to and acknowledge the following:
- You will comply with:
- All applicable laws; including (but not limited to) all health and safety legislation and requirements;
- All instructions given by CREFC or on our behalf, including (but not limited to) in relation to any security arrangements
- The terms and conditions of the Event Venue
- Participation in the event could expose you to infectious diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19, that could result in serious illness or death
- You knowingly assume all such risks related to illnesses and infectious diseases that you may contract during the same event even if those risks may arise from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties.
- Should you choose to attend an in-person event hosted by CREFC., you acknowledge that you may be increasing the risk of exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19. CREFC cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- You understand that the risk of exposure or infection by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to fellow guests and their families, CREFC staff, officers, directors, hotel staff, contractors and vendors
- While in attendance at a CREFC event or conference, you will make every effort to maintain CDC recommended hygiene procedures at all times, including following the guidelines of frequent hand washing (or suitable sanitizing alternative), avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth in public places and covering coughs or sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, and if you are unvaccinated, you will wear a COVID-19 protective mask whenever feasible
- You attest that you will not attend or remain at any event hosted by CREFC unless:
- You have no symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell;
- You have not been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19
- You fully comply with all venue, CDC, OSHA, and state and local public health guidelines and requirements
- You will immediately isolate and leave the CREFC event or conference and notify event staff if you, or someone you have been in close contact with, (i) is exposed to COVID-19, (ii) exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or (iii) receives a positive COVID-19 test result
If you voluntarily participate in physical activities hosted or sponsored by CREFC, you further agree and consent that:
- You recognize and are aware that programs requiring physical exertion may be strenuous at times and may involve risk of cause physical injury or death.
- It is your responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding your participation in any program.
- You represent and warrant that you have no medical condition that would prevent your participation in the program.
- You agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damage known or unknown which may incur as a result of participating in the program.
I Hereby release CREFC together with all of its officers directors, and staff (collectively, the "Released Parties"), hold it harmless from, and waive, all claims, demands, damages, or expenses for any injury related to or caused by Coronavirus/COVID-19, any other virus or infections disease, or physical activity.
Additional Terms & Conditions
The views expressed by any event attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are not necessarily those of CRE Finance Council. All event attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of any and all individual or corporation presentations, marketing collateral, advertising and online Web content.
Except where prohibited by applicable law, CREFC does not bear any legal liability or responsibility for the safety of any attendee participating in this event. CREFC disclaims any liability for the acts of any outside entities related to this event. CREFC reserves the right to cancel the event without liability.
Each attendee shall be personally responsible for his/her behavior. The organizers do not accept responsibility for the behavior of any attendee or outside entity during the event. CREFC shall not be liable for any delays or failure in performance or interruption of services resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of CREFC including but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, failure of transportation, weather, accidents, fires, electrical failures, strikes, labor disputes, postal delays, explosions, and government orders or regulations.
Attendees at this event agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CREFC, its officers, directors and agents, against all claims arising out of actions or omissions of attendee at or in connection with this event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you (for yourself, your heirs, dependents, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf or as a result of your death or injury) hereby release CREFC, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Materials.
Except where prohibited by applicable law, CREFC disclaims any and all direct, special, consequential, incidental, punitive or other indirect damages of any kind whether alleged as a breach of contract or tortious conduct, including negligence, or based on any other cause of action.
If applicable, CREFC reserves the right to substitute an equally qualified speaker in case of an emergency or cancellation. CREFC has no duty with respect to presenters, exhibitors or sponsors, and makes no endorsements of any presentation or product.
By registering for a CREFC event, you agree that the CRE Finance Council may take your photograph or record video and/or audio and you consent to CREFC use and reproduction of such media for any purpose, including, without limitation, marketing and promotional purposes. By registering for this event, you also agree that CRE Finance Council may share your name and contact information with other conference attendees and sponsors.
Registrant shall not disclose the confidential attendee list or contact information to any person, firm or entity. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, under no circumstances may the Registrant use such list for the purposes of promoting their own business, marketing or soliciting attendance at another conference or event, nor shall the Registrant provide such list to others for such purpose. Data mining of attendee lists or the membership directory is strictly prohibited.
CREFC reserves the right, without refund of any amount paid, to refuse admission to, or to eject, any person who is not within the target audience of the meeting or conference, who misrepresents their credentials or who acts in a disorderly manner, uses vulgar or abusive language or otherwise fails to comply with the normal decorum expectations as determined by CREFC in its sole discretion.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. If a registrant is unable to attend a substitute will be accepted at no additional charge. CREFC is not responsible for ancillary charges related to conference registration (travel, hotel, etc).
Registering to attend this event acknowledges acceptance of these terms and provisions of registration. If you are submitting details on behalf of another person, you confirm that you have the authority to submit the details and consents provided in this form on their behalf.