Health and Safety
Update as of December 27th
As part of our commitment to your safety at the CREFC January Conference, CREFC will require:
- CREFC will require all attendees to wear a mask while indoors during the conference. We encourage you to wear a mask while outside in meeting spaces.
- Foods will be pre-packaged and individually wrapped as much as possible and buffets will be served by an attendant.
- Ballrooms will be set to allow for distance between attendees.
- CREFC will provide free and optional rapid COVID testing onsite at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel for any attendee.
- Proof of Vaccination. All attendees must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Non-registered individuals attending private on-site meetings must also show proof of vaccination and identification at designated points to be admitted.
- No one will be allowed into any component of the conference without proof of vaccination.
- Daily Temperature Scans. All registered attendees will have their temperatures scanned each day prior to gaining access to the conference.
If it is necessary to adjust plans and/or protocols CREFC will communicate those changes as quickly as possible to all registered attendees.
Know Before You Go
CREFC encourages attendees to:
Safety Protocols at the Loews Hotel
- Ensure you have your proof of vaccination documentation (via CLEAR app).
- Receive a COVID-19 booster shot.
- Wear a mask, socially distance, and wash your hands often using the Loews sanitizing stations located throughout the conference space.
Attendees Strongly Encouraged to Wear Masks
- The Loews Hotel supplies constant fresh airflow to all guest room floors and public spaces. Guestroom filters have been upgraded to MERV-9, and public space to MERV-13.
- All hotel employees and outside vendors/contractors have their temperature checked before entering the building, and are required to leave the property with a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
- The hotel uses electrostatic sprayers to disinfect all meeting rooms, and refreshes all soiled linens.
- Hotel staff cleans all common touch points in the lobby and rest rooms on a regular basis throughout the day.
CREFC staff and vendors are fully vaccinated. However, you may come into contact with people who are not vaccinated around the hotel. CREFC encourages all attendees to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status, routinely wash/sanitize hands, and socially distance when possible.