11:00 am - 5:00 pm
11:30 am -12:45
Stephen M. Renna, President
& Chief Executive Officer, CRE Finance Council
Market Trends and Opportunities for
Gerard Sansosti, Executive
Managing Director, HFF
Stacey Berger, Executive Vice
President, PNC Real Estate/Midland Loan Services
Honig, Managing Director, AIG Investments
Lowe, Co-President and Chief Investment Officer,
Pendergast, Managing Director, Jefferies & Company LLC
Mitchell Resnick, Vice
President, Multifamily Loan Pricing & Securitization, Freddie Mac
- With all the competition in the market and
continued yield compression, how are the major CRE lending sources achieving
their 2014 goals?
- The search for yield throughout all markets continues
to be more and more difficult. How are CRE lenders changing their programs to
- The CRE regulatory landscape continues to evolve. How
are the CRE lenders preparing for these potential changes?
- With the
wave of upcoming maturities in 2015-2017 and the prospect of rising interest
rates, are borrowers looking to refinance or sell prior to maturity?
- Are we seeing erosion in underwriting and structuring in the CRE lending
Bridge to Somewhere:
Creating Value at High Yields with Bridge Lending
Gregg Loubier, Partner,
Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
Nik Chillar, Senior Managing
Director, Opus Bank
Larry Grantham, Managing
Director, Karlin Real Estate, LLC
Managing Director, Deutsche Bank Securities
Sanchez, Vice President, Colony Capital, LLC
Mark Zytko, Co-Founder,
Mesa West Capital
- Defining bridge
financing – What is it? What it is not?
- Underwriting and structuring
to reach a destination at the other end of the bridge
illustrations based on diverse bridge loan transactions
- Identifying and
managing loan risk and achieving target yields
- View from the trenches
-- Advice for bridge loan borrowers on how to navigate and close the deal
3:05 – 3:30 pm
How To Have Your Cake and Eat It Too
Leslie Lundin, Managing
Partner, LBG Real Estate Companies, LLC
Bryan Crane, Principal,
Artemis Real Estate Partners LLC
Jilliene Helman, CEO,
Realty Mogul, Co.
Sujan Patel, Managing Director
and Co-Head of Investments, NorthStar Realty Finance Corp.
Jeffrey Reder, Senior Vice
President, Private Real Estate, CenterSquare Investment Management
- Now that the easy high yields are
theoretically behind us, how are equity providers structuring their deals to
meet newly minted demanding sponsors fully knowledgeable of the title wave of
capital that exists?
- How are active players beating the
- Where are the opportunities in the coming year to beat
Servicing: Now What?
O'Connor, Partner, Thompson & Knight LLP
John D'Amico, Director, Special
Asset Management, Trimont Real Estate Advisors, Inc.
Harrison, Senior Vice President, PNC Real Estate/Midland
Dan Olsen, Senior
Vice President, KeyBank Real Estate Capital
Sternin, Senior Vice President, Berkadia Commercial
Craig Welin, Shareholder,
Frandzel Robins Bloom & Csato, LC
Diligence Approaches: Differences in opinion, scope and challenges faced by new
- The Train in the Tunnel: Preparing for 2015 and
- Dealing with new CMBS Investors in distressed tranches
- The Real implications of purchase value option plays
5:20 – 7:00 pm
May 14, 2014
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
8:00 – 9:00 am
David Rosenthal, President
& CEO, Curtis-Rosenthal, Inc.
Borland, President, Commercial Real Estate
Banking, Opus Bank
Anand N. Kapadia, Managing Director, ARK Realty Capital
Kevin Miller, Co-President,
CEO, Thorofare Capital, LLC
Michael Singh, Principal &
Executive Vice President, A10 Capital
high yield CRE finance market has grown crowded with many new and emerging
- Where did they come from?
- What makes them
- Which specialty property types will they
- How are they managing their underwriting in this
- Where is their market going this year and next?
10:00 – 10:30 am
Raising the Roof: Mezz
Bill Bernfeld, Partner,
K&L Gates LLP
Jardine, Senior Partner, Ares Management LLC
Marty Lanigan, Executive Vice
President, Portfolio Lending Group, Greystone & Company
Chris Seay, Managing
Director, Axonic Capital
Clinton Soose, Director, BlackRock
- How are mezzanine lenders differentiating
themselves in a competitive market?
- What are the new mezz strategies,
and how have they changed from a year ago?
- Where are the current
pricing levels, and what yields are being sought?
- How is underwriting
being affected by the specter of higher interest rates and compressing
- What is the current mezz borrower profile?
- What are
the common mezz deal structures today?
11:20 – 11:30 am
Foreign Capital Investment in the
Kevin Donahue, Senior
Managing Director, C-III Capital Partners
Anapoell, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Nick Gray, General Manager, MAB Funds Management Limited
Troy Harris, Managing
Director, Alvarez & Marsal Capital Real Estate
Bob Kline, CEO
and Principal, RW Kline Capital
- Foreign investment in US CRE up 40% in 2013 – who is buying, what are
they buying and why are they investing?
- What specific markets and
product types are being targeted and how has that evolved?
- EB5 program
– what is it, how does it work and why is it driving foreign investment in US
- CRE investment structure for off shore investors – debt,
equity, joint venture, yield requirements, etc.
- Tax, regulatory and
compliance issues impacting foreign flow of funds into US CRE.
continued increase in foreign investment capital drive prices higher and impact
domestic US investors?
Silver Linings “Note"-Book
Ormond, Shareholder, Buchalter Nemer
Kurt Altvater, Senior
Vice President, CBRE Capital Markets, Inc.
L. "Rick" Gross, Shareholder, Carlton
Fields Jorden Burt
Justin Guichard, Managing Director, Oaktree Capital Management LP
McKenzie, Head of Investments, Sabal Financial Group LP
Managing Principal, Trion Properties
- Who are selling and buying notes? What kind of notes?
kind of real estate is desirable? Bulk Purchases vs. Single Asset
- Terms of sales/purchases: Negotiable? Due Diligence?
- What type of due diligence is recommended?
- Once Purchased -
negotiate new terms with borrower? Forbearance? Foreclosure?
Enforcement: Litigation; Judicial/Non-judicial foreclosure; Bankruptcy
- Crystal ball - where is the market going?
Rating Agencies: Just How Concerned Are
Harris Trifon, Portfolio
Manager - CRE Debt, Western Asset Management Company
Dan Chambers, Managing
Director, Fitch Ratings
Kim Diamond, Senior Managing
Director, Kroll Bond Rating Agency, Inc.
Manzi, Senior Director, Structured Finance Research,
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services
Osborne, Vice President, Senior Credit Officer, Moody's
- Rising credit
enhancement levels on new issue deals here to stay?
- How are the RAs
looking at CRE CLOs 2.0?
- Is there any hope for legacy bonds?
- Issuance trends over the next few years
Trouble in Common?
Hoffman, President, Trigild
Meagen Leary, Attorney,
Duane Morris LLP
Debra Morgan, Managing
Director, C-III Asset Management LLC
Pine, Vice President, Zodiac Title Services LLC
Daniel Shaeffer, Chief
Executive Officer, Cottonwood Residential
Weibel, Partner, Thompson & Knight LLP
- Obstacles to a workout – can you herd
- Role of 3rd Party advisors to TIC owners
- Lender Strategies
- Investor Strategies:
721 roll up
- Tax Ramifications to the TIC owners
5:00 – 7:00 pm