3:00 – 3:30 pm
Roundtable Discussion: Industry
Expectations for 2014
3:30 – 5:00 pm
By: Jack Cohen, CEO,
5:00 – 7:00 pm
Tuesday, January 14
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
7:00 – 10:00 am
Opening Session: Keynote Speakers
– 10:00 am
Jonathan Pollack Managing
Director, Deutsche Bank and Steven Witkoff,
Chief Executive Officer, The Witkoff Group
10:00 – 10:30 am
Investment Ideas: High Yield, Investment-Grade, Direct
10:30 – 11:30 am
Rob Little, Chief
Investment Officer, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers
David Congdon, Senior
Managing Director, Hines
Gilbert, Chief Investment and Operating Officer,
NorthStar Realty Finance Corp.
Brian Jones, EVP and
COO, American Realty Capital
Wood, Executive Vice President, Sector Head
CMBS, Hartford Investment Management Co
• Gateways to Greenfields: How far are you willing to go for yield?
• How big is the opportunity in 2016/2017?
• There’s loans in them there hills: the rush to find debt deals
• Real estate for the common man: tapping the retail market for private assets
Sheet Lenders: Buy and Hope?
Managing Director, McKenna Long &
Kenny, Senior Vice President- Market Executive, Bank
of America Merrill Lynch
McAndrew, Executive Vice President,
PNC Real Estate
Clay Sublett, Senior Vice
President, Loan Originations, KeyBank Real Estate Capital
Scott Towbin, Senior
Client Executive, JP Morgan
CMBS came roaring back in 2013, but the biggest lending source by far
continues to be the commercial banking system. This panel joins four of the
most active, innovative bank CRE lenders in the country discussing:
Making the grade – What is a bankable loan in today’s market?
lines – With fixed rate terms to 10 years, are banks competing with CMBS for
credits? Life companies? Agencies?
• Regulatory overhang – Are
regulators and Dodd-Frank making CRE lending less attractive for
• Credit for all – Primary markets are easy, but is credit
flowing to deserving projects in secondary markets?
11:30 am – 12:15
12:15 – 1:45 pm
Billy Beane, Oakland Athletics General Manager
– 2:00 pm
Hot Topics: Things
You Need to Know
2:00 – 2:30 pm
Stacey Berger, Executive
Vice President, PNC Real
Estate/Midland Loan Services
Principal, Square Mile Capital
Director, Deutsche Bank
Lone Star US
2:30 – 2:45 pm
Choosing a Lender: Just Hooking Up or A Long Term
2:45 – 3:45 pm
Partner, Dechert LLP
Kevin Donahue, Senior
Managing Director, C-III Capital Partners
Kelly, Managing Director, Real
Larry Kravetz, Managing
Director - Head of CMBS Finance, Barclays Capital
Michael Lascher, Managing
Shawn Rosenthal, Executive
Vice President - Debt and Equity, CBRE
Sedrish, Managing Director - Head of Structured
Credit, Related Companies, LP
• Just hooking up, or is this a beautiful long-term
• Is a relationship really only worth 5 bps?
• Horses for
courses, different lenders for different needs?
• Come on, I’m your
servicer. Give me a hug.
• The allure of the one-stop shopping – is it
• The key decision drivers when choosing a lender.
Capital Market Lenders: Buy or Goodbye?
2:45 – 3:45 pm
McShane, Managing Director, Wells Fargo Securities,
John Bartling, Global
Co-Head of Real Estate, Ares Management LLC
Fellows, President & Managing
Director, Starwood Property Trust, Inc.
Krasnoff, Chief Executive Officer, Rialto Capital
Co-Founder, Mesa West Capital
• Who are they and how are they funding themselves?
• What does it take to be competitive?
• The changing landscape… how is
the market growing and diversifying?
• Too much capital chasing too few
• Securitization: financing tool or arbitrage?
4:00 – 5:00 pm
President, CWCapital Asset
Bieber, Managing Director, Ares Management
Executive Managing Director, C-III Capital Partners
Alan Kronovet, Executive
Vice President, Wells Fargo
Lipson, Senior Vice President, MF Asset Management
& Operations, Freddie Mac
Mark McCool, Executive
Vice President Head of Servicing, Berkadia
Schwartz, Managing Director, Torchlight
Steve Smith, Executive
Vice President, PNC Real Estate/Midland
Come join the Servicing Roundtable to discuss and hear
the experts opine on relevant topics such as, sources of new servicing and
special servicing business, master and special servicing transfers, resolution
and workout strategies , bulk sales, and industry consolidation.
• Where is new servicing and special servicing business coming from?
• Special servicer / controlling certificate holder issues.
in master and special servicing transfers.
• Modifications, workout and
resolution strategies and tactics
• The process, pros, and cons of
• How will consolidation impact the master and special
Long and Short of It
4:00 – 5:00 pm
Lancaster, President, The Minot Group, LLC
Portfolio Manager, One William Street Capital Management,
Michael Kreicher, Vice
President, Morgan Stanley
Samir Lakhani, Managing
Jennifer Shum, Senior
Portfolio Manager, Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
• Background introduction on CMBX
• Synthetics as investment vehicles: Who is using it as an investment
• How investors are using to hedge, short, and invest in CMBS, long
and short term.
• How are they being used for portfolio protection and
• Who are the users? (Hedge Funds, Conduits, Money Market
Funds and Life Insurance Companies)
5:00 – 7:00
9:00 – 11:00 pm
Wednesday, January 15
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
8:00 am –
8:00 – 10:30 am
9:00 – 10:00 am
Schuh, Vice President, Legislative and Regulatory, CRE
Christina Zausner, Vice President,
Industry and Policy Analysis, CRE Finance Council
Government be More or Less Functional in 2014?
• Risk Retention Status: Where Our Friends Are
Life in the Post-Nuclear Era: Way More Than Mel Wattage
• Mel Watt vs. GSEs
and Agency Investors
• GSE Reform – Political Breakthrough or
10:00 – 10:15
10:00 – 11:00 am
CRE Finance World
11:00 am – 12:30 pm