CREFC Education Committee Strategic Plan
Our Core Purpose
To provide quality and innovative educational content, programming and collaboration to the commercial real estate finance industry.
- To further the organization’s educational offerings and materials related to commercial real estate finance, both balance sheet and securitized, through a variety of formats.
- To create and expand the sharing of knowledge and expertise between seasoned CRE finance professionals and younger finance professionals.
- To ensure CREFC is the recognized leader for all educational initiatives in the commercial real estate finance industry.
Our Goals & Initiatives
I. Goal: The Education Committee will expand the CREFC E-Primer series to include all types of CRE finance lending platforms, products and servicing while keeping the existing content refreshed on a periodic basis.
- Create a strong and dedicated sub-committee composed of leaders strictly devoted to expanding the future content of the E-Primer.
- Convert the existing E-Primer into a webinar series and make readily available for purchase.
- Devise a relevant and sustainable marketing strategy.
- Research and implement a tiered pricing structure.
- Create an industry recognized certification program for CRE finance proficiency.
II. Goal: The Education Committee will update and repurpose the CMBS 101, 201 and 301 class series with the latest industry information.
- Create a strong and dedicated sub-committee composed of leaders strictly devoted to the future of the CMBS 101, 201, 301 series.
- Update the existing CMBS series and generate new content as needed.
- Solicit and coordinate instructors and set up classes with interested hosts/sponsors.
- Record each series and develop into an online classroom; expanding the existing content within the online platform.
III. Goal: The Education Committee will provide CREFC member firms and the greater CRE finance industry with effective mentoring for the purpose of addressing career planning and professional continuing education objectives.
- Create a strong and dedicated sub-committee composed of leaders strictly devoted to promoting avenues of communication between and among the CRE finance industry young professional community.
- Further the development of young professionals by providing mentor/mentee programs to leverage the industry knowledge of prominent commercial real estate finance leaders.
- Provide young professionals the tools and resources they need to fulfill their individual continuing education requirements.
- Be the primary meeting point for all commercial real estate finance young professionals and improve upon the current CREFC networking opportunities.
IV. Goal: The Education Committee will identify areas of demand for a CREFC education program framework by assessing member’s current educational needs, existing industry education programming and areas for development consideration.
- Create a strong and dedicated sub-committee composed of leaders strictly devoted to developing a needs assessment survey for CREFC members to gauge demand and value for future educational content/programming.
- Develop focus groups and in-person interviews to validate survey findings.
- Identify the need and value of a CREFC certificate/certification program.
- Conduct inventory of existing educational programming within the CRE lending industry and universities and identify potential educational partnership within those universities.